We love to share Sri Lankan culture and traditions with our guests. If your children are holidaying with you they can come along to see our children’s school. When we are invited to a wedding or party, you are also welcome. If you want to discover Sri Lankan cuisine, you can prepare meals with us in our open kitchen or learn about the ingredients and herbs we use or grow in our garden. Guests who want to experience everyday life in Sri Lanka will enjoy their stay at Sandalwood Village.
Onze homestay has been build recently. The open kitchen is the heart of our home where you can learn Sri Lankan cooking, or make your favourite food. Guests also have access to wifi, a washing machine and our very large garden.
A private minibus is available for any excursions and your airport transport needs.
The homestay has 2 spacious bedrooms (2 or 3 people)
and a family room (up to 5 persons) with:
- Comfortable double beds and single beds.
- Spacious bathroom with hot water
Starting at 40 euros per night including breakfast.
What can you do here?
- Visit Kandy city with all its sights.
- Take day trips to places like Sigiriya, Nuwara Eliya and National parks.
- Go walking and cycling in nature (you can rent bicycles and scooters).
- Get to know the local village life with its culture and be a part of it yourself
- Paddle under the waterfall or in the river
- Learn about Sri Lankan cuisine and its ingredients. f and try cooking it yourself
- Learn about what grows in a typical Sri Lankan garden. You are welcome to join us in the garden if you like
- Have an adventure in nature and go trekking and camping
- Watch and admire our unique birds and animals
- Go on tuk-tuk rides
- Play traditional folk games with the family
- Wear traditional Sri Lankan clothes
- Relax, read, do yoga or just do nothing
- Visit the temple or meditate